Liam Kitching (2 Viewers)

covboy9

Strange one he’s completely lost all form, didn’t think it was a red on sat but he’s getting caught wrong side a lot, bizarre own goals and appalling distribution, Thomas has really propped him up and if I was robins I’d want a please explain conversion

SkyBlueMatt

We will bring in another CB (maybe 2) in the summer but it won't be to 'replace' but to add and increase competition.

Kitching is a good player, he is going through a tricky patch but that's all it is, he'll come through it. His performances during this time have generally been fine but has let himself down with rash/bad decisions. With a calmer head and more maturity, those will be coached out of him.

Next year, Thomas and Kitching will be a brick wall.

Didn't look like a red card yesterday? Thomas was covering.

This. I think in the PL thats a yellow because of Thomas covering.

torchomatic

We will bring in another CB (maybe 2) in the summer but it won't be to 'replace' but to add and increase competition.

Kitching is a good player, he is going through a tricky patch but that's all it is, he'll come through it. His performances during this time have generally been fine but has let himself down with rash/bad decisions. With a calmer head and more maturity, those will be coached out of him.

Next year, Thomas and Kitching will be a brick wall.

This. I think in the PL thats a yellow because of Thomas covering.
Totally agree, Matt. I really like Kitchin and Thomas. Think they will be a great pairing for us. I wonder what the scope is for getting McNally back? Didn't pull up any trees at Stoke, but he seemed to really settle in here.

SleepyGinger

Totally agree, Matt. I really like Kitchin and Thomas. Think they will be a great pairing for us. I wonder what the scope is for getting McNally back? Didn't pull up any trees at Stoke, but he seemed to really settle in here.
We ask a lot more of our centre halves this year compared to last year. I don’t think McNally would look as good in this system.

Hobo

We need defenders who can pass the ball forward, which is why I would prefer Binks playing, notice the difference at Wembley and then when he came off against Hull.

Kitching's touch and passing was poor at Wembley. But not typical of his normal standard. But I do like the look of Binks.

Alex1987

What was his ban? 1 for a professional foul + 2 for his 3rd red?? So 3 games and thus misses the opener next season?

JSL

I didn't realise bans carried over to another season. Surely that wants binning.off if true

Balli001

I didn't realise bans carried over to another season. Surely that wants binning.off if true
Always been the case. Tom Davies was suspended after we got promoted from League 2 for the opening League 1 game

napolimp

I might be wrong here, but it feels as though our build-up play this season has been a completely different approach from last year - i.e. playing it out from the back to feet. And so, the defence is clearly going to be under more pressure, and more mistakes are going to happen. It has felt at times as though the problem is players not making themselves available for the ball in midfield, or at least pulling opposition players away to allow the CB's to carry the ball forwards. I also think if you want your CB's striding forward, then you need players at DM who can effectively cover if we lose the ball.

skybluecam

I might be wrong here, but it feels as though our build-up play this season has been a completely different approach from last year - i.e. playing it out from the back to feet. And so, the defence is clearly going to be under more pressure, and more mistakes are going to happen. It has felt at times as though the problem is players not making themselves available for the ball in midfield, or at least pulling opposition players away to allow the CB's to carry the ball forwards. I also think if you want your CB's striding forward, then you need players at DM who can effectively cover if we lose the ball.
That sounds far too complex for this forum to understand, please stick to surface level reactionary takes only. Thanks.

shmmeee

We’ve played out from the back for a while. But having Sheaf and Hamer meant we could play the ball especially to Hamer under pressure and he could get us forward or beat the press with a pass. We’ve lost that close control and passing range with Eccles this season for all his other traits.

SkyBlueSam01

We’ve played out from the back for a while. But having Sheaf and Hamer meant we could play the ball especially to Hamer under pressure and he could get us forward or beat the press with a pass. We’ve lost that close control and passing range with Eccles this season for all his other traits.

We also had the option of lumping it up to Gyok if in any doubt

stupot07

I thought it was a red straight away TBH. Player would have got a shot off before Thomas got over and if Thomas had gone over he’d have left a man free to a chance anyway so goal scoring opportunity IMO.
Yeah I thought Thomas was on the cover but he's actually behind Gallagher and Kitching, Gallagher would have definitely have got a shot off, and therefore a goalscoring opportunity. Also had Thomas got across Gallagher would have rolled it to Szmodics for a free shot at goal. 1000055886.png

Hobo

Classy centre half who’s just had a poor run of form. Liked him immediately. He will be a key player next season

Needs to grow up a bit and stop getting involved in needless squabbles. You can't be the tough guy and allow your buttons to be pressed so easily. Needs to focus more on his role as a defender.

The potential is there though.

torchomatic

We used to do it at St Andrew's, so a long time.

shmmeee

Binks actually passes to the player or just ahead of him, not yards behind sending us backwards - again.

This really does wind me up. Pro footballers passing behind players. My main gripe about Thomas from day one has been the absolute shite balls he gives MvE. MvE then gets stick for “not taking his man on”. If he got the sorts of balls Dasilva and Bidwell get he’d be ten times the threat.

MrBlueFace

Did anyone spot Kitching for the lap of appreciation? I didn't. Saw most the other squad, including those injured.
Apparently got in an argument with SBS and got sent back to the dressing room. I hope he sorts his head out over the summer as there's deffo a player in there.

SkyblueTexan

No more red cards son!

hamil99

Facebook User

I honestly feel us switching from a back 5 to a back 4 and not having a proper DM to cover the space left has impacted the defenders. If we sign a decent proper DM for next season I believe Thomas and Kitching will be excellent.

messiahrobins

I’d definately keep Binks if the price is right. Think there’s potential there.
Binks is better tha nKitching, i have said that all season, but he is raw. We need experience at the back, at minimum we need a 27/28 year old big bastard hard nut who is vocal and a leader as first choice CB, ideally who can play either side.

Users who are viewing this thread